Image License Agreement for Royalty-Free and Editorial Uses
The following is an agreement between you (the Licensee/End User) and Les Palenik (the Licensor/Copyright Owner of all images on Advantica Stockphotos). You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement, which may change without notice. By using this site for any purpose, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. In order to receive permission to use a copyrighted image—even for personal, non-commercial, or non-profit use—and to receive a full-size, non-watermarked, digital image file, you must first purchase a “license.” Licenses are for the End User only, and non-transferable. Anyone working on a project for the End User may have access to the image only for projects for the End User. It is not allowed to “borrow”, “try”, or “comp” an image, even a thumbnail, for personal use. Images listed for Editorial license are available for personal, educational and editorial use only.
2. Prices listed are for one image on a single-use basis, and can be changed without notice. For multiple and special uses, contact Les Palenik for information and pricing.
3. All license purchases are final. There are no refunds.
4. Digital image files will be downloaded in the specified pixel dimensions and dpi resolution corresponding to the size licensed. It is the Licensee’s responsibility to ensure that the image(s) he or she downloads are only used for the stated purpose. The Licensee is responsible for how images are used and whether other permissions are needed.
5. On receiving full payment for a specific image, the Licensor grants the Licensee a single-use, non-transferable, world-wide license to use that image.
6. Images will have copyright details retained and the image credited whenever possible – this includes without exception web use, book and editorial uses. The following photo credit format must be used: © Les Palenik / Advantica Stockphotos and in case of web use it should include a link to www.advantica.com/stockphotos.
The LICENSEE agrees that:
Image(s) will have copyright credited whenever possible Credit line should be in the following format – “© Stephan Pietzko/ www.ImagoBorealis.com”
7. The copyright and this Image License Agreement are non-transferable. The copyright remains with the Licensor even if the licensed image is incorporated into other images or media.
8. The Licensee shall indemnify and defend the Licensor against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to (a) a breach of this Agreement, (b) the use or modification of any Image or combination of any Image with any other material, (c) your failure to abide by any restriction regarding the use of an Image, or (d) any claim by a third party related to the use of an Image, alone or in combination with any other material. The photographer warrants ownership of the copyright for the image. By using this site you agree to indemnify and hold Les Palenik and Advantica Stockphotos harmless from and against all claims, losses, damages, liability, costs, and expenses incurred.